Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One more video for the day.

Okay okay, before I log off, there's this another video which I just have to share with friends as well. I was so very touched by it. I shared it with a few friends already and one of them is also from Latin America and boy, was I glad to share it with her!! I was just overwhelmed listening to his wise and beautiful speech and then, I found myself clapping at the end of it like a nutter! Gosh, clapping is becoming an addiction for me! This form of action is such a good motivator! LOL But unfortunately it makes me look stupid. Nah... I don't care. =) Cuz' that's just me.

Jose Abreu: TED Prize Winner


My favorite part of the speech:

-Arnold Toynbee once said that the world was suffering from a huge spiritual crisis. Not an economic or a social crisis but a spiritual one. I believe to confront one such crisis, only art and religion can give proper answers to humanity, to mankind's deepest aspirations, and to the historic demands of our times. Being the educator, the synthesis of wisdom and knowledge, it's the means to strive for a more perfect, more aware, more noble and more just society- Jose Abreu



You know, when he was saying that, it felt like he was reading my mind and heart. =) Simply because I have always personally have this belief ever since I was young- I can't even remember when anymore. Probably, it started when I first read about people's suffering and the poverty that was spreading around Africa. I remember, in primary school, there was this article in a magazine that first taught me about why we shouldn't waste our food. It wrote about the poor and starving children in Africa that were surviving on things like worms or anything that they could find edible. Well, my mom had always, always been reminding me since I was little that I shouldn't waste my food and I guess I was taking her words for granted till that moment of reading that article came and hit me so hard, that I can still remember about it now. Man, I can still even remember the picture on the article too. Whoa. I'm surprised at myself.

The unsung heroes of the world will always have a great story to tell, that's what I always believe too. =) And I'm looking forward to discovering those stories. Because I love stories. And I love story tellers that make my life colorful. That's why I love every color that exists in this world. Because each color has a story to tell. Isn't it interesting to find out what those stories are? =)

No comments: