Saturday, February 7, 2009

There are some crazy people who try hard to get you out there

Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏
From: Windows Live Team (jaqueline_cutey1@hotmail.com)

Dear Account User


CONFIRM YOUR WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT SERVICES. VERIFY YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW TO AVOID IT CLOSED !!!

This Email is from Hotmail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hotmail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail accounts so we are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name, password, date of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account.

Due to the congestion in all Hotmail users and removal of all unused Hotmail Accounts, Hotmail would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

* Username: ..............................
* Password: ................................
* Date of Birth: ............................
* Country Or Territory: ................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail Team




This is OFFICIALLY the second time I have received such an email.
I remember replying to the first email I received ages (okay, months) ago. And no, OF COURSE I did not give away my personal information.
Come to think about it now, the way I replied back then was so innocent =)I managed to dig it out of my "Sent" folder:



Sent: Sat 9/06/08 7:56 PM
To: datasectionupgrade@live.com

I'm sorry but how do I know if this is not a fake? I do not wish to give out my personal information to you, personnel who did not even introduce yourself. My details are all in the account; you could find them there easily if you are really managing the data in live.com. There are many bogus emails being sent; and the sender used a verizon.net account. I have never even heard of such account.


> From: bodeniyi@verizon.net
> Subject: Windows Live Account Update, Please Comply
> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:51:34 -0700





ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe I am laughing at the PAST ME who was a few months old younger!!!
Because the ME right now would have dumped it into the Deleted folder right away without hesitation- except for this one time alone- I was actually about to dump it into the folder when it occurred to me that "hey I gotta blog and tell the whole world about this!"
There may be people out there who are so sweet and young and innocent and naive and they could be tricked really easily by spammers/phishers.
So, YOU, if you think (know) you're one good girl/boy, don't fall into the hands of these predators and make yourself an easy prey.

Notice the email account. jaqueline_cutey1@hotmail.com??!! Maybe everyone should start spamming this account instead as well???? *mischievous grin*
Mark the grammar. Come on, look at the title: Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏?! Okay, I know my grammar is not all immaculate but we have to watch out for these people.

It is time to wear our armor and keep our eyes and ears and mouths open!



"The wickedness of the world is so great you have to run your legs off to avoid having them stolen from under you.
[Threepenny Opera 1928]
Bertolt Brecht, 1898-1956"

1 comment:

-randallc- said...

check ur mail..something for u