Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sincerity

When I was a child, I began to learn that the world is full of people who just don't care about other people but they themselves alone. People hurt others for self-gain or to satisfy the needs of one-self or because they didn't know how to be courteous to others or because they neglected other people's feelings and needs just because they thought they weren't that important after all in their lives. These may be my preconceptions, biased against many people back then; but now not anymore, because when I learned the ways of the world, I soon realized that my naive actions in the past hurt more people than I thought they wouldn't. People simply had to mature and grow and learn the right way to deal with others- in short; diplomacy and leadership skills. After all, the thing called friendship is something mysterious that carries a different definition for every individual.

Friday came and I thought that life would pass by as a quiet incident like usual. Never would I have ever thought that I would receive unexpected guests. I was not feeling well for a week now-I am feeling so much better today already, thanks to the medicine that my housemate gave me- and two friends dropped by and bought for me lunch. And I did not expect any friend to do such a sweet thing for me.

That chicken rice probably felt like the most delicious chicken rice I have ever tasted in my life. ;)

The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.
Francis Bacon, Baron Verulam and Viscount of St Albans, 1561-1626


Thank you God for sending me angels in life.

No comments: