Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can't help but...

remembering Johnny Depp saying this word in Secret Window, a movie he starred in 4 years ago:

"RUBBERNECKER"

That made me laughed my head off back then and still now every time I recall it unintentionally from time to time.

Okay, actually that's not really the point that I wanted to say; I backtracked right in the beginning simply because I just couldn't get it off my head and now that it's cleared, I'm going straight back to the point:

Remember the post that wrote:

"We can't always have it our own way in life"?

I think many people fail to see and accept this nature or simply because they do not accept failure. People become more demanding and snobbish; they put you down when you do the wrong thing; they get upset when they don't get what they desire or vie for; they become pushy or resort to underhanded methods; they try to play God and lord over other people's lives; they who are stronger find themselves oppressing the weak, blah blah blah
The world is in darkness. People are becoming blind in the eyes and stone-cold in the heart. Tainted soul.

I watched The Butterfly Effect this morning. It's quite an old movie which I had always dreaded to watch back then because everyone who watched told me it was gory and violent. And being me, not a particular fan of pure violence, I avoided that movie till today. And boy was I wrong in doing that because yeah, despite of all those extreme elements that the movie contained, it carries many very important and heavy messages:

a) Everyone has a certain darkness in us. The factor that brings it out of us is always either the environment that we live in or our mental stability. Come on, look at Tommy.
b) Nobody deserves to play God. Nothing goes right. Evan learned it dead on.
c) You can't always get what you want in life; one has to sacrifice to get something; no pain, no gain.
d) Love comes in many forms, and the powerful love depicted here is one that lets go, simply because you have to protect the person you love at all costs; even if it means that you're the only one carrying the burden alone to your grave; because there is no one in this world that loves her/him as much as you do and you know that. And all you can do for that person is to give her a sacrificing selfless unconditional love- the most powerful form of love.

A movie that sent me off shrieking in shock and surprise so many times came to a close with an awesome ending which took my breath away. And ohhhh, Oasis rocked the finish even more with their "Stop crying your heart out."
P.s. Oasis is an awesome rock band. I simply love their songs! The reason why I watched this movie was because their song was featured here in the first place. LOL

The butterfly effect is actually a very very interesting Chaos Theory that was pioneered by Edward Lorenz, an American mathematician and meteorologist by profession. (He passed away in April, last year) The theory generally speaks about sensitive dependence on initial conditions in a dynamical system. Like how a slight change in the initial conditions can completely alter the direction into another. Well, it's pretty common sense, but it's really cool of Lorenz to even derive an equation out of it.

Oh, this movie is going to remain as one of the indelible movies that I have watched. Eric Bress and Jonathan Mackye Gruber are like super pairs when it comes to directing and script writing! 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: