Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Living by faith

Tho dark and dreary be life's away And burdens hard to bear;
There's One whose love will never fail, My heart shall ne'er despair.
My hope is staid in him today and He will safely lead;
To that sweet home beyond the sea, Christ's love is all I need.

Refrain:
Christ's love is all I need, (Oh, His love precious love's all I need,)
each day, (need each day)
I know, I know, Christ's precious love is all I need, (Yes, I know, precious love is all)
He'll lead me safely on life's way, (Oh He'll lead, yes, He'll lead safely on, on life's way)
I know, I know Christ's precious, precious love is all I need. (Oh, I know His love is all I need, I need)

The trials press on every side
And many snares there be
I look in simple faith to Him,
Who calmed the stormy sea.
He is the Shepherd kind and true, His sheep He'll ever feed
This cheers me on and makes me strong,
Christ's love is all I need.

Refrain

And when I hear the boatman's call,
Come cross the chilly tide;
I shall not fear to launch my barque,
For Christ is at my side.
He bore the sting of death for me,
Has met my every need;
And so I sing the sweet refrain, Christ's love is all I need.

Refrain
///
Christ's love is all I need
George W. Sides 1924

Extracted from the holy hymn book of Songs of Faith and Praise
Savior's leadership
Hymn 401
By no means am I using this opportunity to make profit from this copyrighted property which I do not own. Its purpose serves to share and that reason alone.

I always have this habit of opening a book randomly without having the intention of first seeking the content page in the front or the index page at the back. And thus, this was the page that I opened to and I remember we often sing this hymn in church, always reminding ourselves that His love is what we need and that His love guides our path that we take in life. It has always been an assurance to me in the past; now it becomes a testimony instead because I believed in Him, because I trust in Him, and hence because with that trust, I try hard to be myself and do what I can do.
And again, it proved to be true today.

It takes humility to be a better Christian. When you truly understand its true meaning, it opens your eyes to many things that many other people fail to see.
Thank you Lord for always, always being there for me, for making me stronger and stronger both in faith and mentally so that I can move on and continue the saga of achieving my dream. My dream is naught but a simple dream embezzled with a simple hope- to be a support to the ones who need to be strengthened, and not because I pity them, no, by all means, never but because I believe that everyone has his/her own unique strength- no one deserves to be looked down, no one deserves to put down another person, because everyone was born equal, as a human and a human who seeks his/her path- because discrimination is not worthy of its existence. Sadly, unfortunately, things are not the way as they should be; and humans are foolish creatures with great pride; and many decisions that the people who take control and have power hurt others who were weaker but desired to protect their stand in life too. I believe my path lies in the road of medicine, a hard long road that can make you cry and cry over and over again in the beginning, because the beginning is always the hardest, but adaptability ensues, and eventuality finds myself changing vastly.

Are you the lost one today, my child, or am I the one whom you find me entirely disagreeable because you deem me as a hypocrite and fake? I am a human too, with many mistakes that I made, with my foolishness and childishness, I am ashamed of the many things that I did as well. But I want to learn and change, because life is all about change, and you are all about the person who decides that you want to make a start to forsake a life you find yourself not happy in, not comfortable with, not loving as you hope it to be, not responsible as you know it should be.

I shall remind myself of this again and again:
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I become a man, I put away childish thoughts.

No comments: